Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Blog 12 Short Analysis Project

My short analysis project will be on Sample Literacy Narrative 2. This essay is based on the cultural story of a writer. It shows the affects that family, friends, and culture have on literacy. It also shows the myth and assumptions that this writer had to face when excepting her role in literacy. My research question is How do cultural stories and assumptions about writing affect the writer's ability to form identities as a legitimate writer? I plan to code the data to show patterns, and connections to literacy throughout the writers childhood, adolescents and adulthood. The end of the essay will tie in all the elements and connections that I found based on my research question.

These are some of the questions I will look at when coding:

What is the writers cultural story?
How did writing start?
How did reading manifest in youth?
What role did family play in literacy?
What myths or assumptions about literacy did the writer face?

Some of these questions should lead me to categories and coding to form connections to my question.
I am having a little difficulty trying to process all the information needed for these short analysis essays and blogs. It can be overwhelming but I will try. I just need to organize the data and make relevant connections.

No comments:

Post a Comment